Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Free at Last!


After 10 years of off and on being together, and 5 long rocky years of marriage, I'm finally free! My divorce was final last Friday! I waited for this day for so long but it's still such a shock that I almost can't believe it's over. Josh went with me for the court hearing and the half hour leading up to going into the court room was actually very emotional. Luckily he's such an understanding man. I was very close to tears. Not because I was sad for our marriage to be over but just because it's the end of a major part of my life. I also really feel kind of bad for my ex-hubby. After his Grandparents passed away, the kids and I were pretty much all he had. But at the same time it's his own fault that he refused to do the things that needed to be done as a husband and a father. Even now his interaction with the kids is very minimal so really I don't know why I felt bad for him. But back to the point at hand, I'm finally free to get on with my life. I was awarded sole custody of our kids and he has supervised visitation at my discretion. I have no problem with him seeing them with me present but since he currently lives in another state, this makes me feel much better knowing that I don't have to send my young children 2100 miles away. Jordyn is beyond excited. She did a happy dance and said that I had to marry Josh the very next day! Wow kids adapt quickly! In the end though, I'll never regret our marriage. I got 3 wonderful children out of it and years of experience. Not to sound cliche but it really is true that whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.


No comments: